Thursday, July 19, 2007

Everyones happy when the wizard walks by...

In preparation for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in a couple of days, I've gone on a wand making spree:




From left to right: A traditional wooden wand with gold detail for my friend Matt, a Ravenclaw house colours wand for my sister-in-law Leslie, a Gryffindor house colours wand for my mother-in-law, and a Slytherin house colours wand for me. The last wand is for the young daughter of some friends of mine.


A close-up of the details on the wands.



We waited in line at Chapters for a geek-tastic 2 hours, wands at the ready. (You know, to scare off the Muggles.)

Thanks to Chris Barnardo at dadcando.com for the fantastic Harry Potter wand tutorial. Be sure to check out some of his other wizarding crafts!

No comments: