Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Danglies, I like to call 'em.

In my quest for a Homemade Christmas, I made a pair of earrings for my Mother-in-law. I bought the beads at Sassy Bead, an amazing bead store here in Ottawa.



An 'earring making kit' I put together with supplies from Sassy Bead.

It's pretty inexpensive to buy the initial pieces (round nose pliers, posts, and the sterling silver hooks,) and once you've got the base pieces, all you need are the beads and a little imagination whenever you need an inexpensive gift.


Some snazzy earrings for Lyn in some of her favorite colours.


I made the box out of a piece of gold cardboard, then I lined it with some felt and origami paper.


I plan on going an earring making binge any day now. Wait for it. It's gonna be huge. No one with earlobes will be safe.

No comments: